In the 'My Account' section you can change your account details. This includes personal information, notification subscriptions, and more.
Accessing your account preferences
To access your account, click on the profile icon located in the top right corner of the interface. This will open a small window displaying your name, surname, display name, and information about your space. Clicking on your name will open the 'My Account' section where you can edit your information and manage your notifications and subscriptions.
While it's not mandatory to add your personal information, you have the option to do so for a more personalized experience. Here's how you can edit your personal information:
- In the My Account menu, navigate to the 'Personal Info' tab located in the navigation bar.
- Here, you can view and edit your personal information.
In addition to your personal information, you can connect your Google account for a streamlined experience, change your password, and sign out of your account. Here's a list of actions you can take in the 'My Account' menu:
- Navigate to My Account Menu - opens a small window displaying your name. Clicking on your name will open the 'My Account'.
- Personal information - View your personal details.
- Edit personal information - Edit your personal details.
- Spaces - a dropdown where multi-space users can switch between spaces.
- Connect Google Account - connects your Google account to your Vision account.
- Change Password - expands fields for password change.
Figure 1 – Personal info
If you haven't created any notifications yet on your space, go to the Control Panel menu and create a notification first. To learn how to do that, visit the article here.
After you have created a notification, you can also subscribe to it, you can do this by following these steps:
- In the My Account menu, click on the 'Subscriptions' tab located in the navigation bar.
- Double-click the notification you want to subscribe to (see Figure 2).
- Activate the subscription and click 'Save' (see Figure 3).
Optional: Select a delivery channel and specify the Active Hours of your notification (see Figure 3).
Figure 2 – Subscriptions
Customizing subscription preferences
The 'Subscription Details' section allows you to customize your subscription preferences. Here, you can:
(see Figure 3):
- View Notification Details: Access detailed information about a specific notification.
- Subscribe or unsubscribe to notifications: Choose to receive or stop receiving specific notifications.
- Choose your preferred Delivery Channels: Select the channels through which you want to receive notifications (e.g., email, in-app).
- Set your Active hours for receiving notifications: Specify the time period during which you want to receive notifications.
- Set the Frequency of your notifications: Drag the slide bar to set your preferred notification-sending frequency.
Figure 3 – Subscription Details
To view a specific notification, follow these steps (see Figure 4):
- Go to My Account menu, you can find it in the bottom right corner of the starting interface.
- When the account menu opens, click on the Notifications tab located in the navigation bar.
- Double-click the notification you want to view.
Figure 4 – Notifications Tab
The notification details window will open containing the following details (see Figure 5):
- Notification report: A summary of the notification.
- Snapshot: A snapshot related to the notification.
- Full-Frame snapshot: A full-frame snapshot.
Figure 5 – In-App notification details
Vision VMS also sends notifications via email. The email notification includes the same information as the in-app notification. Here's an example of the same notification sent via email (see Figure 6):
Figure 6 – Email notification report
Notification In-App viewer
The Notifications log provides a detailed overview of all notifications that were delivered to you in the past period. The specific notification(s) can be searched by selecting the desired date in the Calendar filters. You can also filter them by notification type, location, or camera (see Figure 7).
- Filters: Allows you to refine your search within the notifications log by applying various filters:
- Notification Type filter: Filter notifications based on the type of notification recorded.
- Location filter: Filter notifications based on the location where the event was captured.
- Camera filter: Filter notifications based on the camera in front of which the event took place.
- Calendar filter: Select a specific date in the calendar to view notifications for that particular day.
- Notification type: Indicates the type of notification that was recorded.
- Location: Specifies the location where the event was captured.
- Camera: Identifies the camera in front of which the event took place.
- Timestamp: Displays the date and time when the event occurred.
- Notification In-App viewer: The view where notifications are displayed.
Figure 7 – Notification In-App Viewer