Inviting new members to your Vision space is a straightforward process that can be completed in a few simple steps. This guide will walk you through the process.
Go to the Members tab
For an illustration, see Figure 1.
- The first step in adding new members to your Vision space is to access the Control Panel. You can find the Control Panel in the bottom right corner of the starting interface.
- Once the Control Panel opens, navigate to the Members tab located in the navigation bar.
- When the Members tab opens, click the "+" sign located in the bottom right corner to add a new member.
Figure 1 – Adding members
Completing the member invitation
Upon clicking the "+", you'll see the 'Add member' interface as shown in the image provided (See Figure 2). Here's what to do next:
Input the Email: Type in the email address of the member you're inviting.
Select the Space: Choose the appropriate space for the member from the 'Selected space' drop-down menu.
Assign the Group: Choose a permission group for the new member from the 'Group' drop-down menu. The group you select will determine the level of access the new member will have. Each group grants different levels of access and capabilities. There are five system permission groups to assign a new member to:
- User: Can access the interface, excluding the control panel.
- Admin: Can access the interface and has full control panel access.
- External API: Granted limited access for API integration purposes.
- Reporting: Can only monitor analytics data with limited access.
- Support: This is for NSoft's support team, used for troubleshooting when authorized by the space owner.
Send the Invitation: Conclude the process by clicking 'Save Changes' to send the invite.
Figure 2 – Inviting a new member
Note: Assigning a member to a specific group, such as "Reporting", automatically grants them the set of permissions associated with that group. In essence, they assume the 'Reporting' role, with its designated access rights focused on analytics oversight. While the system groups are tailored to accommodate a range of functions, organizations with specialized needs may benefit from establishing custom groups to ensure a precise match with their unique operational requirements.
Member that was added will receive an e-mail containing the "Accept Invite" link. he will have to click it to register (see Figure 3).
Figure 3 – Invite e-mail
When an invite is accepted, a new window will open, and the user will have to enter the password he will use in future logins to Vision. When the desired password is entered, the user will have to confirm it by re-entering it once more (see Figure 4).
Figure 4 – Setting up the password
Managing your Members
To preview all the existing users, go to Control Panel→ Members.
- By clicking on a member, a pop-up window will appear.
- There you can change the member's status to "Disabled" or "Enabled". Enabled users have permission to use the software instance, while disabled users can no longer access the interface.
- You can also fully remove the user from the space by selecting "Remove" option.
- By clicking on the "Group" field, a drop-down menu will appear containing options to assign the member to the "User", "Admin" group, or any other system or custom permission group you previously created.
- You can also set the Trial period when inviting a new member, or for the existing member. This member will not be able to log in to Vision after his trial period has expired (see Figure 5).
Figure 5 – User management